Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One Wet August



Findlay saw one of the worst floods in it's history last week. I'm not sure that pictures can really describe the situation, but I've selected a few that will give you a small overview.

From Main St. (yup, the thing that's almost buried is a van) to Fort Findlay (a park just 4 blocks from our house), much of the town was under water. It really got me thinking, but I'll write more about that later.

These shots were sent to me by my friends Rusty and Lisa, and are credited to: Pat Gibson, Jim and Mike Gould, Drew Glaser and Bob Powell.


Talk to you soon,

Jeff







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolute craziness.

The great thing about this flood is the amount of help people are receiving.

Obviously, we hate for floods and other disasters to ever happen.

However, the response has been overwhelmingly good and it's been nice to see how the community is responding.

It will be interesting to see what happens downtown throughout the rebuild.

-fred-

whooper and whoopette said...

I am so glad that we resisted buying the beautiful house with the beautiful view of the river when we lived in Findlay. This flood might have come our way during our residence there.

However, I am sad for the people who are living through the loss, grieving, and stress of the flood.

Perhaps issues that have interfered with equality and acceptance within the community will no longer be seen as a hurdle because disasters such have a way of equalizing the playing field. Forgiveness will also become an important element.

May God be sought and found through this catastrophe.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I had no idea how bad it truly was. I am not much of a News television watcher so only heard through the grapevine (and you and Tamara)that there was flooding, but until now did not fully grasp the magnitude.


I'm sure we will never fully know all the ways that God has been and will be glorified through all of the "suffering" and loss of those folks who are affected by this. Always amazes me how people came come together to assist one another in times of crisis inspite of race, religion or nationality.

Grateful you all are okay!

-Susie